I'm sorry I've been gone again. Apparently my ADD doesn't allow me to keep that whole posting more promise as nicely as I'd like.
I've been up to a LOT. I've been knitting. And sewing. And quilting. And baking. And making candy. Some of that is awful! Because I think I gained like fifteen pounds on my sweet kick. My buns are NOT appreciately, nor are my jeans. I made a beautiful quilt, sewed some blankies & momo (pacifier) clips for baby H, baked cinnamon buns, cookies, bread, shortbread with caramel and chocolate on top (think twix-ish) made caramels, apple dump cake, brownies....basically I went nuts baking and cooking. Not sure what happened. No, I am not pregnant haha.
Yesterday we had our annual family reunion. I brought a huge batch of candied cinnamon nuts, sausage and peppers, and salted caramels. I love going every year and seeing what everyone likes/didn't like so much, and seeing everyone I haven't seen in months and sometimes since the last reunion. It was the first get together since my grandfather passed and it was strange not having him there. I guess it makes me realize that I won't always have that generation and I want to spend as much time with them as possible.
Husband finally found a job. He'd been looking since he got back from overseas and finally found something that "fits" in his field. It isn't his dream but we'll get him there.
I've been on a fall kick and can't wait for everything that comes with it! Apple & pumpkin picking, carving pumpkins fall baking, football games, costumes, cool weather, changing leaves, jumping in them, and hanging out with my family. :)
What are some of your family traditions? Leave me a comment! Thanks!
No comments:
Post a Comment